Private Equity Intern - Winter Term
Company: MTN Capital Partners; New York, NY
Start Internship: ~January 2, 2018
Last Day: ~January 30, 2018
Weekly Hours: 10am - 5pm
Requirements: Unpaid Internship
As part of your internship, you will get hands-on experience in private equity, direct contact with the firm’s executives, and participation in the firm’s classes for interns.
Your main work obligation will be:
- Expanding MTN’s industry expert database through LinkedIn;
- Updating contact information for database of over 20,000 contacts;
- Occasional office management upkeep.
We are offering the following classes and educational events:
- Two seminars with MTN professionals each week. We will discuss the private equity investment class’ characteristics, specific investment opportunities, and other finance topics. We will also discuss valuation techniques in private equity, both quantitative (financial statements) and qualitative (evaluating information in offering memorandum).
- Participating in some due diligence calls with industry experts, company management, and investment bankers;
- Attending weekly pipeline meeting in which MTN professionals discuss deal flow.
Your work experience may occasionally include:
- Conducting due diligence on acquisition targets;
- Compiling data on market sectors of interest and on executives with whom MTN may conduct business;
- Searching on LinkedIn for senior executives to assist in evaluating investments.
*** SCHOOL CREDIT: You are required to receive school credit with proper documentation from your school before your start date