Associate Software Engineer
Are you interested in virtualized systems? How about creating the next generation cloud systems?
Come join Sea Street Technologies! We’re building a model-driven operating system for application-aware clouds. Our system allows for modelling each of application services, utilities and resources together to create system architectures to meet the needs of the applications and their policies. This system can be used to create 99.999% reliable architectures, manage application elasticity and intelligent place and managed application resources in any cloud environment.
· Familiarity with OO development concepts
· Strong desire to learn on the job and work in a fast paced environment.
· Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
· Efficient / Effective communication (verbal and written) skills
· Experience with integrated development tools such as Eclipse or equivalent
Nice to have:
· Java development experience
· Experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
· Knowledge of virtualization, network architecture, openstack or EC2 is strongly desired.
· Familiarity with virtualization such as VMware, Xen, KVM, OpenStack or equivalent
· Unit test development or debugging, using JUnit or TestNG
· Wiki experience helpful (for internal documentation)
· Implementation of core features to realize product capabilities
· Development of rigorous unit tests to verify behaviors and provide foundation for regression tests
· Create and update wiki pages to ensure helpful knowledge base entries and accurate records of internal processes, including design specifications