Land Tenure & Property Rights Internship
Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting applications for a well-qualified Intern for our Land Tenure & Property Rights (LTPR) Sector, focused on knowledge management. This LTPR Intern will learn more about and support program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This position is based in Tetra Tech IDS's office in either Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, VA.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months.
Application deadline is April 27, 2018 and the Internship will start Monday, June 4 or Monday June 11, 2018.
* Gather proprietary land tenure and property rights project reports/documents and add to database;
* Interview the sector and field staff regarding innovation, gender inclusion and other best practices;
* Update summaries of project best practices identified through documentation reviews;
* Review and revise draft paper on climate, tenure, and violent extremism in the African Sahel;
* Prepare a literature review and develop draft conceptual framework on urban land tenure and climate resilience issues;
* Provide project administration support as needed, including document and financial management;
* As appropriate, participate in new business initiatives in resource tenure and property rights;
* Engage in professional development opportunities organized by LTPR sector;
* Provide research on project- or proposal-specific material as requested; and
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with discrete tasks as needed.
* Recently completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (the latter is preferred) in international relations, international development, public policy, or a related field required;
* At least 1 year of professional experience desired, including travel, work, or volunteerism overseas;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in resource tenure, land issues, public policy, or international development strongly preferred;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communications skills are critical;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (especially French);
* Experience in MS Office Suite; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech IDS's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.