Democracy and Governance Internship
Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting
applications for a well-qualified Intern for our Democracy and Governance (DG)
Sector. This Democracy and Governance Intern will learn more about and support
program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded
projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development,
building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in
this challenging but rewarding work.
This position is based in Tetra Tech IDS’s office in Burlington,
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months.
deadline is April 27, 2018, and
the Internship will start Monday June 4 or Monday, June 11, 2018.
* Support backstopping of various aspects of DG project(s), including start-up and close-out assistance; coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development, recruiting and onboarding assistance for technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with project staff to build capacity; and/or monitoring deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Participate in meetings with (home office and field) project teams and the client, typically USAID;
* Provide research on project- or proposal-specific material as requested;
* Provide DG marketing and communications support;
* Maintain virtual information knowledge systems for project implementation documentation; and
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with discreet tasks as needed.
* Recently completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in political science, international relations, public policy, or a related field required;
* At least 1 year of professional experience desired, including some work or volunteerism overseas;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in political science, public policy, project management, or international relations strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communications skills are critical;
* Project management experience desired;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (especially Spanish and/or French);
* Experience in MS Office Suite, with understanding of SharePoint desirable; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete
applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or
remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech IDS's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.