Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
We work with top professors from leading institutions to create a bridge between current academic thinking and real business issues. We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research. We assist premier law firms in many different litigation contexts, including antitrust, intellectual property and commercial damages, and with all aspects of litigation, including pretrial discovery, development of economic and financial models, preparation of testimony, and critique of opposing experts. We advise corporate and government clients on a range of business issues that require expert interpretation of economic and financial data, including valuation of companies, and assets, securities and financial instruments, tax and transfer pricing issues, cost-effectiveness analyses, market analyses, and evaluation of mergers and acquisitions. Analysis Group also helps organizations create strategies for growth by analyzing market dynamics and organizational capabilities, enhancing innovation in current products and services, and identifying new market opportunities. Please visit our website at www.analysisgroup.com for more information.
This is an entry-level position for candidates with research experience who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, economics, finance, mathematics, physics, statistics, or related subjects. Analysts can expect to work on multiple projects at a time across various practice areas and industries. Responsibilities and work experiences may include:
· Analyzing economic, financial and healthcare data using algorithms and statistical programming in Java, Python, R, SAS, Stata, VBA and other programs
· Analyzing data using statistical methods and analytical tools including econometric estimation of models, survival analysis and machine learning
· Creating dynamic visualizations to rapidly explore data and models
· Examining market and industry behavior through targeted research
· Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports and client documents
· Participating in meetings with academic experts and case team members
· Assisting in the preparation of expert reports and other client deliverables
Analysis Group fosters a progressive and academically oriented work environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
· Experience or a strong interest in applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems
· An excellent academic record
· Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· A commitment to teamwork and collaborative problem solving
· A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
Analysts often move on to top graduate programs for an MBA, JD, or Ph.D. after their tenure with the firm; some return as Associates after graduate school.
When submitting your resume, please include an unofficial transcript(s) and a cover letter indicating geographic preference(s).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.