ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. In 2016, The American Lawyer named Jenner & Block to the A-List, which recognizes the top 20 US law firms. The American Lawyer also recognized the firm as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States six of the past nine years; the firm has been ranked among the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
The Conflicts Analyst is responsible for reviewing new client and matter search requests and gathering the information for verification of entity and party information, and will perform corporate affiliate research using a variety of reference materials. The Analyst will create the reports necessary for the Firm to determine whether or not it may accept new clients and matters under prevailing ethical rules and internal policies. Once a new client matter has cleared conflicts, the Analyst will perform data entry to add parties and other information into the conflicts database. The Conflicts Analyst will assist with a wide range of research requests and other projects, including lateral hire processing.
The Conflicts Analyst is an entry-level, non-exempt professional position in the Conflicts Services Department reporting to the Director of Conflicts Services. We are seeking a flexible, articulate, self-directed individual to join an experienced team.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday 8:45 am to 5:15 pm with a rotational shift (approximately one day per week) of 10:30 am to 7:00 pm.
- A professional demeanor with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with attorneys, management and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, with demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions, while maintaining a customer service oriented manner.
- The ability to apply critical thinking in evaluating different conflicts scenarios or outcomes, and be adaptable to changes in the procedures or direction.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to prioritize and multitask, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high level work product.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, and produce work product efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to recognize a potential problem and escalate to the appropriate individual(s).
- Knowledge of Word and Excel, general computer and database skills. LegalKEY database experience helpful.
- Knowledge of conflict principles and a general understanding of the laws of professional responsibility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience in a large law firm setting is preferred.
Jenner & Block is an equal opportunity employer. All recruitment and employment decisions are made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital, parental, veteran or any other protected status.