Girls Who Invest Programs
GWI’s Summer Intensive Program inspires, educates, and supports young women so they become the next generation of leaders in asset management. We believe that asset management can be a stimulating, rewarding career, regardless of your current major.
Our scholars graduate well-prepared to enter the industry across all asset classes—from public and private equity to fixed income, credit, hedge funds, and real estate.
2019 SUMMER INTENSIVE PROGRAM
- 4-week educational intensive in-residence at University of Pennsylvania or University of Notre Dame
- 6-week paid, hands-on internship experience at a leading asset management firm
- Girls Who Invest community helps scholars build meaningful careers in the industry
Over a four-week intensive period, respected business school professors teach our scholars core finance and investment concepts. Our scholars also have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with some of the most influential leaders in the industry.
The Summer Intensive Program includes training in ethics from the CFA Institute, Bloomberg Terminal, presentation skills, and interview preparation. The curriculum also includes site visits with select asset management firms.
Scholars who successfully complete the four-week educational program continue on to six-week paid summer internships secured by GWI with leading asset management firms. Scholars add the GWI credential to their resumes and have ongoing access to the robust GWI community.
- GWI is seeking applications from current sophomores in college.
- The GWI Summer Intensive Program will be held in two locations: University of Pennsylvania, and University of Notre Dame
- Paid internships with industry leading asset management firms, secured by Girls Who Invest, will be available to successful graduates immediately following the program from approximately July- August 2019
- Internships are made available only through the ten-week Summer Intensive Program
- GWI’s 2019 Summer Intensive Program is offered tuition/room/board-free to all qualified applicants.
2019 ONLINE LEARNERS PROGRAM
Through partnerships with Wharton Online and CFA Institute, online learners receive free access to a selection of the world’s best online courses in finance, management, and leadership. Online learners also benefit from Girls Who Invest’s engaging, ongoing community.
Please note: you will automatically be considered for the GWI Wharton Online Learners Program if you are not accepted into the GWI Summer Intensive Program.
GWI WHARTON ONLINE LEARNERS PROGRAM for college sophomores only. (Rising juniors)
GWI offers college sophomores the opportunity to participate in a private, curated online learning experience in partnership with Wharton Online. The GWI Wharton Online Learners program is only open to all sophomores attending a U.S. college or university.
GWI provides selected online learners access to Wharton’s Business and Financial Modeling specialization which is a sequence of six carefully selected courses. Students who successfully complete the Business and Financial modeling program will receive a resume-worthy Certificate from Wharton. The GWI online learning platform with Wharton will help broaden your skills and demonstrate to future employers your personal commitment to positioning yourself for success.