Project Development Assistant Manager
Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Manager to join its Business Development Unit (BDU). The Assistant Manager is accountable for providing administrative support and developing specialized knowledge on best practices of proposal development, coordination and subcontractor management at all stages of the proposal cycle. Applicants should be open to periodic international travel for new business development and should be able to take on assignments that may involve 2-3 weeks from home.
The position will be based in Burlington, Vermont.
- Provide the highest levels of administrative and management support across the proposal lifecycle;
- Coordinate (US-based and foreign) subcontractor relationships, and manage subcontractor proposal inputs, including qualifications statements, past performance references and budgets;
- Undertake analytical and research tasks to support technical proposal development;
- Support efforts to recruit high-quality candidates and present them effectively in proposals;
- Conduct compliance checks and gap analysis of proposals against client requirements;
- Support pre-proposal capture work, including desk-based research and overseas, on-the-ground preparation;
- Learn Tetra Tech’s proposal best practices and actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of proposal processes and related tool; and,
- Provide ad-hoc support for BDU’s pipeline information management and market intelligence gathering efforts.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area related to one of the firm’s practice areas, required;
- Minimum of either two years of professional experience or a Master’s degree required;
- Excellent intercultural communication skills;
- International experience, including with Peace Corps or at an international development consulting firm or NGO preferred;
- Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail and understanding of requirements;
- Ability to organize work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
- Polished writing abilities and capacity to synthesize large volumes of information into key messages;
- Native-level command of English and professional proficiency in a second language required, French and/or Spanish strongly preferred;
- Experience with budget development and analysis;
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management;
- High level of reliability and track record of follow through;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
- Outstanding multitasking and organizational capabilities;
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is absolutely mandatory.