An exciting opportunity for a Research Assistant/Technician has recently become available within Dr. Pandolfi’s lab at BIDMC/Harvard Medical School.
The laboratory is looking for someone who is interested in science and wants to work in a stimulating academic environment. This is a great position for recent graduates or a little bit experienced technicians looking to get research laboratory related job experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities.
The individual will work under the supervision of a Research Fellow and Laboratory Manager. In addition to a number of general laboratory duties the individual will conduct routine experiments (molecular biology/cellular biology/genetics), record results, participate in scientific group meetings, maintain logs and analyze data.
· A BA/BS in biomedical or physical sciences.
· Previous laboratory experience is preferred
· Undergraduate coursework or projects may be considered as appropriate experience
· Experience working with small animals (mice) is favorably considered
· A two-year commitment is preferred
Skills, abilities, and competencies required:
1. Good organizational skills
2. Very responsible person
3. Motivated and able to master new techniques
4. Able to work independently
5. Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
6. Adequate computer literacy to use or learn common statistical packages and data analysis software
7. Methodical recording of data and work performed
The lab is located in the Longwood Medical Area at Harvard Medical School/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
If interested please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com