At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking early career talent to join our AWS Tech U Program. This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands.
AWS Tech U is an accelerated career development program for students who want to advance both their technical and business skills. This unique residency program consists of a six-month project-based learning curriculum followed by a six-month on-the-job learning assignment in an AWS technical field role with Solutions Architecture, Training & Certification or Professional Services. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry.
These are some of the most challenging and exciting roles in the IT industry today. We work with cutting edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits and government agencies around the world. This is a an unparalleled opportunity to leapfrog your peers and take a leadership role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
If you have a deep passion for utilizing technology to empower businesses and a love for collaborating with technology and business leaders then the AWS Technical Apprentice is the ideal role for you.
As part of the 6 month apprenticeship program, travel to various AWS locations for periods of up to two weeks for face-to-face training will be required. Additionally some roles require between 25-50% travel over the first two years of employment.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to an AWS office within the US upon successful completion of the training program. Relocation will be based on a combination of business needs and candidate preference. AWS will provide relocation assistance for both the academic and on-the-job training assignments.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, or relevant.
· Programming experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
· Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
· You possess permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
· Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work.
· Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company.
· Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP)
· Passion for experiencing new technologies, cultures and locations in the US and around the world.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.