Project Manager, Intern (2019)
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Work on academically stimulating projects that are different from anything else you have ever worked on.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
Success in 1010data’s 10 Week Summer Program means you had a direct effect on the business and helped evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
Project Managers at 1010data drive delivery of solutions to client-driven business problems involving massive data sets by designing high-performance reporting tools, queries, transform processes and databases, to gain insight, and empower our customers.
This requires our Project Managers to:
- Plan and execute projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Organize and prioritize project materials, deliverables, artifacts, priorities and communications consistent with 1010data project management best practices.
- Assume a firm grasp of project’s objectives, activities and status and communicate and action them effectively.
- Quickly prioritize and shift activities based on schedules and project needs on a daily, or even hourly, basis.
- Identify potential project risks, determine how they are likely to occur, take actions to avoid if possible, and minimize the impact of those that cannot be avoided.
- MBA, MS or BA/BS students graduating December 2019 – Spring 2020; focus in STEM, information systems management preferrable
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience, interest and aptitude in technology
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to use tools (eg. Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint) to capture and present information coherently
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL) helpful
- Passion for creating the best possible product
- Capable of working in groups toward shared goals
- Positive, “roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form
- Experience leading large group discussions