Operations Technician I
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and the Operations Lead Technician, the incumbent is responsible for performing the routine duties related to operation of the cage washers, autoclave, bedding dispensers and bottle fillers located in Comparative Medicine. The incumbent must be a motivated self-starter with good teamwork practices.
1. Operates cage washers, autoclave, automatic water bottle fillers and bedding dispensers; also uses pressure washer and floor scrubber.
2. Sanitizes and/or sterilizes animal cages, racks and related equipment.
3. Prepares and uses disinfecting and sanitizing solutions.
4. Responsible for following written and oral instructions (in English). Must possess good communication skills.
5. Operates department vehicles as required.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High school graduate or GED. Able to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English.
Able to lift up to 50 pounds. Able to work standing up for long periods. Able to perform repetitive motions.