Financial Analyst II
Compile relevant statistical and financial data on a daily, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, as required by its intended use. Work with the areas of accounting, budget, decision support, reimbursement and data warehouse systems to mine data and assemble the necessary information for the financial, statistical and productivity reports.
Review the data, normalize it if necessary, and adapt it for the purpose of its maintenance and use for future reports.
Design and create reports relating to volume and census, charges, costs, physician information, internal and external bench-marking metrics and other required detail to help explain the factors underlying trends within the overall statistics financial performance.
Prepare biweekly and monthly productivity reports on departmental level as well as summary level roll-up as needed.
Prepare and analyze a number of internal reports including, but not limited to: Quarterly Program and Service Line Financial Reports, Average Length of Stay (ALOS), Hospital Focus Report, Trauma Visits, Weekly Payor Mix, Gross Revenue and various ad hoc reports
Perform the analysis needed to validate source data, report and interpret trends and variances from targets.
Educate and assist Finance department heads and others in interpreting reports.
Establish and maintain good rapport with both the providers and users of the data, and reports.
Other duties as assigned.
Statistical and financial preparation and analysis of reports on routine daily, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
Work with various areas of budget, data warehouse, business objects, and support systems to mine data and assemble the necessary information to provide accurate and timely submission of routine and ad hoc requests.
Preparation and analyses of ad hoc reports. This includes varying requests of clinical, operational, payor trends, volumes, data quality improvement, and external consulting on special projects.
Apply internal and external bench-marking metrics and analyses for trends and variance from benchmark.
Demonstrated ability to self audit for the purpose of maintaining and monitoring of data quality within data warehouse, business objects., and census mart for the purpose of providing quality and accurate statistical and financial reporting.
Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of information systems and applicable technologies including but not limited to spreadsheets, relational databases, presentations, and processing software.
Creation and maintenance of queries to extract data from source systems.
Establish and maintain good rapport with provides and users of data. Established communication of written and verbal interaction; and ability to establish confidence with internal and external staff end co-workers.
Collaboration and mentoring by providing guidance and education to team members and others within the organization. Creates and shares data effectively with others.
Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance, Healthcare Admin or Economics OR a minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare financial reporting and analysis .
• Demonstrated ability in obtaining/developing, reporting, analyzing, and interpreting financial data.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, with track record to consistently meet deadlines.
• Moderate to high level of knowledge both as it relates to work-specific requirements and as it relates to accounting and finance, trends in the organization and in the healthcare industry.
• Involvement in / experience supporting internal business committees preferred. Ability to assess and maneuver through politically sensitive circumstances. Demonstrated ability to make good judgment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to prepare and make presentations to audience groups of various levels and sizes.
• Proven track record with respect to output quality, customer service, quality and process improvement initiatives, in addition to demonstrated excellence in maintenance and organization of paper and electronic documents.
• Demonstrated experience in the use of information systems and applicable technologies including but not limited to spreadsheet, relational database, presentation, and word processing application software.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Vision sufficient to work at a computer, hearing sufficient for telephone transactions
Light lifting (10-20 pounds) may occasionally be required
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.