Sr. Tax Accountant
• Preparation of tax-exempt Federal and state returns for the organization and its affiliates.
• Preparation of for-profit Federal and state corporate returns.
• Preparation of property tax and welfare exemption returns.
• Preparation of sales and use tax returns.
• Preparation of business tax and parking tax returns.
• Research complex tax issues.
• Coordinate and communicate with various taxing authorities and auditors.
• Preparation of Statements of Information for the organization and its affiliates.
• Preparation of filing renewals with the LA County Registrar/Recorder office.
• Provide expert advice and assistance as needed to Medical Center departments and affiliates.
• Reconcile GL accounts associated with taxes and license and resolve any discrepancies. Prepare monthly journal entries.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in the area of tax reporting, preparation, and accounting
• Public accounting experience required
• CPA strongly preferred
• Prior work experience with a healthcare facility or non-profit organization preferred
• Strong knowledge of tax laws and tax principles
• Strong analytical and accounting skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding self-review skills required
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills including excellent spelling/grammar
• Proficient in the use of accounting software, tax software and Microsoft Office
• Good people skills
BS or BA degree in Accounting or accounting-related required
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.