Business Development Analyst
Reporting to the VP, Business Development, the Business Development Analyst position is responsible for collecting, analyzing, testing and providing data and information to the department of Business Development. In addition, this position will (as needed) support the data and information needs for Marketing and Strategic Planning. General responsibilities include capturing and analyzing data pertaining to the operational, financial and clinical aspects of the CSMC and CSMDN. This position will also develop information from external data sources pertaining to conditions and trends in the local, regional and national Healthcare Marketplace
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Internal Data Analyses:
1) Work with Business Development team members and operations staffs across the Health System to define information required for strategic and operational decision making;
2) Develop data from internal hospital systems to respond to key business decisions regarding the size, scope and potential risks and/or opportunities associated with new ventures;
3) Work with Finance and Resource Management staffs to develop information from hospital systems which analyze clinical and financial trends;
4) Work with operations staff across the entire Health System to define the data required to address issues pertaining to the operation of existing programs and services.
External Data Analyses:
1) Identify external data sources which can be used to evaluate market conditions;
2) Develop and analyze data sets which are used to project market demand and opportunity to develop new or expand existing services throughout the Health System;
3) Develop maps, graphs, and other materials which can be used to examine, evaluate and describe information which has been prepared;
4) Monitor global trends in technology, new legislation, and reimbursement which can impact the management and/or future development of existing and/or new programs, services and general hospital operations.
System Development – Information Development:
1) Develop new databases to support the activities of Business Development, Marketing and Strategic Planning; In particular, market planning data bases incorporating state and other incident rate data.
2) Design and implement standard reports for senior management which describe and analyze key financial and operations trends;
3) Assist in the design and implementation of an information strategic plan to support the activities of Business Development
4) Assist Business Development FDirector and consultants with the development of spreadsheets, relational databases (using MS Access) and Power Point presentations designed to analyze information which has been developed.
· BA degree required with preference for an MBA, MPH. Some coursework in Health Services Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting and Business Strategy is required;
· Previous Health Care managerial background and experience in a clinical setting is strongly desired;
· Extensive knowledge and skill of PC/Macintosh applications. The individual should be an expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Visio, and other relational databases.
· Strong research skills including conducting research using Internet and other online library services;
· High-level communications skills are critical along with team work ability;
· Experience working with complex data systems;
· Ability to think through challenging analytical problems and ask hard questions.
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.