Senior Consultant - Data Analytics
This position is responsible for guiding and providing support in developing and implementing strategies/best practices for clinical transformation with a focus on Program Evaluation. Coordinates key cross-functional work teams for program evaluation, including performance of market assessment, literature review, data analysis/collection and project management support to ensure effective development of strategies/best practices/protocols in support of Program Evaluation, especially as it integrates with population health and total cost of care initiatives across the entire care continuum including prevention, evaluation, treatment, and transitions of care. Plans appropriate evaluation approaches, oversees collection of data, and performs analyses to deliver high quality information with which to assess the impact of programs, to support informed decision-making about these programs, and to demonstrate the value of the Health System’s care delivery to internal and external audiences. Key program evaluation components include measurement of structural and process measures as well as outcomes measures in multiple domains—clinical quality, health care utilization and efficiency, patient and provider satisfaction and engagement, and return-on-investment. Supports and participates in interdepartmental collaboration and problem-solving. Works closely with other members of the Medical Delivery Network, including Clinical Analytics and Decision Support, and other members of the Health System, including Resource and Outcomes Management, Performance Improvement, Health Services Research, and Biostatistics, to define project scope, access data, execute analyses, and interpret/communicate findings Effectively coordinates transition from strategy/best practice definition through implementation and ongoing support to operational staff. Competent to work at the highest level of implementation and support best practices while considering clinical and business implications of the application of these processes to the current and future clinical and business environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a health care, business or technical field or commensurate experience required. MPH or MBA strongly preferred.
For Program Evaluation, must demonstrate requisite skill and experience in quantitative healthcare analyses, preferably with program evaluation, managed care, and/or observational research applications.
• For Program Evaluation, demonstrated expertise in healthcare data, data quality management, systems analysis, and statistical analysis. This should include: Expertise with health system information systems and data flow; expertise with statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, or similar); Strong spreadsheet analysis skills (Visual Basic preferable); Familiarity with relational databases, preferably including electronic health records
• For Program Evaluation, experience with accessing and manipulating different types of data, including administrative claims, electronic medical record, survey, quality management, registries, etc.
• 3-5 years work experience with 2 years prior work experience in a healthcare setting highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, scope, cost, time, risk, quality, and communication or completion of the Cedars-Sinai recognized project management course required within first year of employment.
• Demonstrated ability to collect and synthesize published information in support of “best practices” in program implementation, outcomes measurement, and evaluation
• Demonstrated experience with process flow analysis, user relations, customer interactions.
• Thorough understanding of core business processes within healthcare organizations
• Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Access, Visio, Project and Project Tracking.
• Excellent ability to build relationships and manage through conflicting points of views with stakeholder teams.
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.