PT ATC Supervisor
Reporting to the Associate Director and with oversight from the Medical Director, the PT ATC Supervisor provides supervision to certified athletic trainers, leads athletic training services, implements protocols and program evaluation plan, and develops and maintains professional development network for certified athletic trainers.
Specifically, the PT ATC Supervisor will:
1. Supervise certified athletic training services at TeamHEAL partner schools
2. Review, discuss, and make recommendations on strength and conditioning plans related to injury and illness prevention, treatment and rehabilitation plan for student athletes, rendering of emergency medical care consistent with training, and use of modalities, reconditioning exercises, and fitness programs.
3. Maintain inventory of and order supplies as needed
4. Determine which venues and activity settings require onsite athletic trainers and physicians, and which require that they be available, including, coordinating coverage at home games.
5. Communicate with partner schools' nursing staff, athletic director, and coaches on student athlete injuries, treatment and rehabilitation plans.
6. With Medical Director, develop and ensure implementation of comprehensive emergency action plan, establish criteria for safe return to practice and play protocols in accordance with state and district regulations, and communicate injury prevention, treatment, rehabilitation plans, and any additional issues/concerns.
7. Track administrative tasks such as receipts, mileage, program outreach data, and prepare reports as needed.
8. With Associate Director, develop and implement program evaluation plan, including data collection and analysis.
9. Coordinate annual physicals, including scheduling, recruiting physician volunteers, and communicating with partner schools' staff, coaches, and athletic directors.
10. Develop and maintain professional development network for certified athletic trainers, including organizing annual symposium, trainings, and webinars.
- Bachelor's Degree is athletic training, kinesiology or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Certified Athletic Trainer - NATA BOC
- Physical Therapist - Current California License
- Valid California Driver's License
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a certified athletic trainer (preferably in a secondary school setting).
- Constant standing is required as well as frequent walking, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination, and occasional sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching and kneeling.
- Travel will be required to and from partnering LAUSD High School sites.
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.