Financial Care Specialist Team Lead
Under general supervision and following established practices, policies, and guidelines, provides patient relations team lead support to Patient Financial Services. This position requires superior customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and analytic skills to research, analyze and resolve complex cases and problem accounts. Positions at this level require superior knowledge, skill and proficiency in specialized functions and multiple areas of the revenue cycle. Incumbents must have superior knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, payor contracts and CSHS policies governing billing and collections and sound interpretation of same. Incumbents to perform duties which include identifying, analyzing, resolving and responding to customer inquiries, concerns and issues, and following up on accounts to ensure payment and resolution. Incumbents must have superior skill in diffusing escalated patient issues. This position may be cross-trained in other revenue cycle functions and provide back-up coverage.
High school graduate with college level courses in finance, business or health insurance.
• Over 5 years of hospital billing and/or Collection experience including customer service and call center experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead direct reports to reach desired performance standards.
• Demonstrated patient focused, high quality standard for delivery of convenient, friendly, efficient and value added service.
• Demonstrated ability to compose letters, policies, procedures, statements and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into a complete document suitable for publication and distribution.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with directors, managers, patients, internal staff and representatives from outside agencies.
• Superior knowledge of basic accounting principles and healthcare billing and collection practices.
• Superior knowledge of call center technologies such as Automatic Call Distributer and Integrated Voice Response system.
• Self motivated exhibiting a strong sense of responsibility.
• Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution and critical thinking. Demonstrated ability to diffuse escalated issues.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze different bill types and their purpose and or billing process as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to produce documents and/or reports on own initiative that are correct with a high degree of accuracy.
• Superior knowledge and understanding of regulatory and CSHS policies and procedures governing billing and collections.
• Successful completion of PRMPT 1 and PRMPT 2.
• Ability to perform relevant mathematical calculations.
• Must possess advanced computer competency comprised of a superior knowledge of MS office, Web/Vs, Emdeon and CS-Link.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Detail and problem-solving aptitude.
• Typing 40 to 45 wpm (or 45 to 50 wpm preferred).
• Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently and with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
• Professional and courteous demeanor.
• Ability to work and communicate well with others. Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Depending on vacancy may require self pay, credit balance, refund, cash package and/or charity care experience.
Lifting, standing, walking.
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.