Financial Services Supervisor
Monitors, coordinates and supervises the daily operations and activities of a unit within Patient Financial Services. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the unit, supervising 15-20 FTEs. Supervisory responsibilities are cross-functional and extend beyond employees who are direct reports. Initiates and analyzes financial reports related to the operations of the PFS unit. Manages the efficiency and appropriate utilization of resources. Makes sure deadlines are met. Acts as a resource to employees, coaching, training, orientation and professional development. Works in partnership with other supervisors and managers to identify and provide for the customers’ needs using appropriate quality service standards. Create, maintain and update policies and procedures. Participate in change management, cost containment efforts and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 3-5 yrs supervisory experience.
• Previous revenue cycle experience in a hospital or an acute care facility.
• Motivate staff; ensure customer service satisfaction, creation of Q/A indicators.
• Ability to identify all requirements in a managed care environment and develop successful strategies to meet the requirements.
• Revenue cycle knowledge / skills required.
• Exposure to basic medical Terminology.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise people, to reach desired performance standards.
• Knowledge of regulatory, reimbursement, legal and policy issues that relate to billing functions.
• Team orientation including experience working across boundaries and implementing strategies for team success.
• Computer literacy in multiple applications.
• Ability to identify, evaluate and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated patient focused, high quality standard for delivery of convenient, friendly, efficient and value added service.
• Experienced and self-disciplined; taking particular pride in the performance of day to day activities that result in customer satisfaction and quality service.
• Self-motivated with skills in conflict resolution and exhibiting a strong sense of responsibility.
• Nonjudgmental, using critical thinking skills and good sense in directing resources appropriately to meet multiple department priorities.
• Can demonstrate leadership qualities implementing strategies to engage staff in personal contributions to a high performance team.
• Demonstrates the ability to think outside the box, finding creative solutions to every day problems.
- Sitting, walking
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.