Senior Financial Analyst
• Compile relevant statistical and financial data on a daily, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, as required by its intended use.
• Work with the areas of accounting, budget, data warehouse, and decision support systems to mine data and assemble the necessary information for the financial and statistical reports.
• Review the data, normalize it if necessary, and adapt it for its maintenance and use for future reports.
• Educate and assist Finance department heads in interpreting reports.
• When necessary, design and create additional reports relating to volume and census, charges, costs, physician information and other required detail to help explain the factors underlying trends within the overall statistics.
• Establish and maintain good rapport with both the providers and users of the data, and reports.
• Prepare and analyze internal reports including based in the needs of the Executive leadership team.
• Prepare budget projections for the workbooks in the Axiom software system (includes volume, revenues & expenses, and FTEs & salaries)
• Prepare the capital budget worksheets and instructions for management
• Prepare periodic analysis reports for the management team as needed
• Support productivity and capital reporting
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of CSMC general ledger accounts and reporting structures
• Update the budget system with volume and general ledger data monthly via uploads from PeopleSoft
• Update the budget system with payroll data on a bi-weekly basis via uploads from Lawson
• Meet with and advise various levels of management as requested for budget assistance
• Maintain structure and reporting responsibility lists in the budget system
• Maintain policies and procedures for all budget processes
• Prepare sections of the annual board book for capital and operating budget approval
• Train new management on budget process and variance analysis as needed and/or requested
• Continuously look for improvement opportunities with the budget and financial processes
• Strong track record with respect to output quality, customer service, quality and process improvement initiatives, in addition to demonstrated excellence in maintenance and organization of paper and electronic documents.
• Perform other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Master’s Degree preferred (in a related field – Finance, Healthcare Admin, Accounting or Economics)
Bachelor's degree required in a related field (Finance, Healthcare Admin, Accounting or Economics preferred), or the equivalent.
Three years of experience in a related field (healthcare), or five years’ total experience in non-related field (finance, budgeting, accounting or economics preferred).
Prior experience preparing capital and operating budgets preferably in a hospital environment, including knowledge of key statistics, terminology and the components of an income statement. Strong accounting knowledge is preferred.
Good written and verbal communications skills are necessary. Excellent interpersonal skills are also required.
Normal office; occasionally may need to lift heavy boxes
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.