Performance Improvement Facilitator I
This position is responsible for facilitating simple performance improvement activities and supporting large, cross-functional process improvement teams to achieve the organization's mission and goals and to ensure compliance with accreditation, licensing and regulatory requirements. This includes supporting senior staff in the preparation, facilitation and follow-up of improvement team meetings, compiling and creating graphical displays of data, developing presentations and employing project management skills to ensure goals are achieved within the specified timeframes.
Essential job Duties and Responsibilities:
Apply Rigorous Analytic Skills:
- Utilizes data from internal and external sources to transform into graphs and charts
- Analyzes data for trends, variances, and deficits.
- Supports health system monitoring efforts (e.g. Dashboards)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative statistics.
- Supports facilitation of large and/or complex improvement teams.
- Independently facilitates small projects/teams
- Demonstrates “Spirit of teamwork” attitude
Apply PI Tools & Methodologies:
- Independently generate process maps and flow charts and conduct observation for the purposes of collecting data and establishing the current state.
- Demonstrates knowledge of improvement tools, models, and methodologies, and efficiently approaches a problem using them.
- Provides concise reports (written or verbal) of activities and results.
- Demonstrates effective communication with various members of the organization.
- Documents discussion and outcomes.
- Documents project status, activities, and work accomplished toward achieving goals
- Supports multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Completes assigned action items.
- Responsible for independently managing short-term projects.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Quickly acquires subject knowledge.
- Researches best practices and regulatory guidelines from a variety of sources.
- Supports PI education efforts.
Focuses on meeting the needs of internal and external customers:
- Seeks and responds to customer feedback, and maintains effective relationships with customers.
Reflects the mission, vision, and values of CSMC:
- Adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program
- Complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Education and Experience requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree required; coursework in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, business, science, engineering) required. A combination of education/experience will be considered.
Knowledge of principles, concepts, and techniques of quality/performance improvement required; experience in the application of process improvement and statistical process control methodologies desired. Work experience in an acute health care setting desired. Must have excellent problem solving skills. Must have strong analytical skills. Knowledge and skills using PC/Macintosh applications, especially spreadsheet programs; experience with Minitab or other statistical program preferred. Must have dynamic personality and excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work both collaboratively and independently within a deadline-driven environment. Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to quickly develop and maintain productive relationships with team members. Ability to complete work assignments, accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision. Ability to projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Ability to work with staff at all levels of the Hospital. Ability to adhere to established Hospital, State, and Federal confidentiality policies
Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to evolving business needs.
DEPARTMENT AND/OR UNIT SPECIFIC – ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES:
Master’s Degree preferred.
Physical Requirements (physical abilities essential to perform the job)
Routine office environment with prolonged sitting and use of keyboard/monitor.
Able to travel to various locations on campus to meet with other personnel as requested.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties required for the position.
In addition to professional development opportunities, Cedars-Sinai offers competitive compensation and benefits package: Medical, Dental, 403(b) with match in addition to Cedars-Sinai’s paid Retirement Program, Tuition Assistance, Credit Union, Wellbeing Program Rideshare, Employee Discounts, Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Group Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, start at 16 vacation days/year.