Gameplay Programmer Intern
The Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for the 2019 summer in Cary, NC. You’ll work with our engineering teams on FORTNITE and unannounced projects along with the brightest technical minds in the business.
As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic next summer, this is the opportunity for you!
Your days will include:
- Working closely with the Engine team on anything from investigating and fixing bugs to working with Game Designers on performance, hero, and game systems
- Improving the gameplay framework of Unreal Engine 4
- Supporting Epic product releases
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Suggested degree work in CS or equivalent
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in game development
- Basic understanding of gameplay in a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Work samples (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 preferred
This is a paid internship, running May 28 through August 16. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary, NC.