Physics Programmer Intern
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a smart, creative Physics Programmer Intern to join them for the 2019 summer! Our Engine Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
As an intern, you’ll be given challenging projects over the work term, and be provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic next summer, this is the opportunity for you!
Your days will include:
- Building tests and debugging tools for the Unreal Engine physics system
- Investigating and fixing bugs related to engine code
- Collaborate with others on the team to maintain and improve current systems
- Document technology implementation details
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills
- Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is a paid internship, running May 28 through August 16. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary, NC or in Larkspur, CA.