Equity Research Internship (Summer 2019)
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
To provide the Equity Department with additional research help through working with portfolio managers, analysts and research associates.
• Support portfolio managers, equity analysts and research associates in their daily work.
• Provide basic research as needed on sectors, industries, companies, countries…
• Attend equity research meetings, company meetings and industry specialist meetings.
• Work on special projects as needed within the Equity Department.
• Learn to use various market data systems effectively, including Bloomberg, FactSet and Thomson-Reuters products.
• Assist in preparing models from data in company filings and complex spreadsheets as requested. (Using 10Ks, 10Qs, Income Statement, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statement). Extract specific data needed from financial reports and databases to prepare or update models relating to specific industries and Companies followed by analysts.
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Expected undergraduate degree in 2020.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to function independently.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Detail-oriented, accurate, reliable.
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.