Project Management Intern
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,300 Rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 10,000 customers and partners.
Our Intern Program is open to candidates who are currently attending college/university and are working towards completion of a degree.
Work with the Senior Manager of Customer Solutions Engineering Project Delivery on our large portfolio of services consulting engagements across the globe. Document and assist in putting together project management process flow diagrams and templating. Assist in organization and metrics reporting of project portfolio. Contribute to implementing solutions with our customer base to improve customer relationships and confidence in our products.
Additional Project Details may include but are not limited to:
· Developing organizational processes and tools to manage project portfolio using Salesforce, OpenAir and other project management tools.
· Shadowing and contributing to customer engagement projects by learning how to adjust project schedules in MS Project, setting meeting agendas and documenting action items.
· Developing reporting on metrics for the project portfolio such as budget, timelines, etc.
· Performing other related project management tasks deemed necessary by the Senior Manager.
· A direct interest in and basic understanding of project management discipline, standards and protocols.
· Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Interest in pursuing a career in project management
· Strong desire to understand processes and workflow mechanics for a global and diverse cross-functional team
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.