Research Assistant - Nathan Kline Institute (NKI-RS)
Applications are currently being invited for a 2-year Research Assistant position with the NKI-Rockland Sample Research Program (NKI-RS) at the Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research (NKI) in Orangeburg, NY. www.RocklandSample.org http://fcon_1000.projects.nitrc.org/indi/enhanced/
The NKI-RS is focused on understanding the impact of psychiatric illnesses on developmental processes utilizing innovative MRI-based imaging approaches to characterize brain maturation across the lifespan. Additionally, the NKI-RS is dedicated to the support of open data-sharing initiatives, such as the 1000 Functional Connectomes Project and the International Neuroimaging Data-sharing Initiative.
The NKI-RS fosters a collaborative environment where research assistants have the opportunity to gain excellent clinical and research experience. Salary is competitive, and benefits include health, vision, and dental. Responsibilities will include behavioral, neuropsychological and psychiatric assessment, recruitment, and data-base management. This is an excellent stepping stone position for highly motivated candidates who plan to pursue graduate programs in psychology, social work, or psychiatry.
Applicants should have a B.S. or B.A. in psychology, neuroscience, biology, social work, or related scientific fields. The ideal candidates will have prior human subject research experience, strong interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication, and the ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently. Technical skills are a plus, but not required.
• Behavioral, neuropsychological and psychiatric assessment
• Data-base management
• B.A. or B.S. in psychology, neuroscience, biology, social work or other related scientific field
• Preferred prior research experience
• Preferred knowledge of DSM mental health disorders and/or clinical experience
• Looking for highly motivated candidates looking to gain clinical experience in a fast-paced learning environment
• Weekend work required
• Must have access to a vehicle
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication
• Willingness to be trained in phlebotomy procedures
• Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
This position involves contact with children.