Rocket Software (www.rocketsoftware.com) is a technology company that helps organizations in the IBM ecosystem build solutions that meet today's needs while extending the value of their technology investments for the future. Thousands of companies depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their existing infrastructure and data, as well as extend those assets to take advantage of cloud, mobile, analytics, and other future innovations. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 23 offices around the world.
Rocket Software is looking for a designer to join our annual summer internship program. The right candidate will support our in-house creative services team with production design, digital asset management organization, operational assistance, and more. The Design Intern will report to our Creative Services Manager, and will support lead generation, product marketing, events, and company initiatives respectively. Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and willingness to learn new tools and techniques of the trade are a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting with production design overflow for digital and print assets aligned to lead generation, marketing efforts, and company initiatives.
· Formatting sales and marketing collateral such as case studies, datasheets, product catalogs, and e-books
· Digital asset management tool organization and maintenance
· Designing presentations for events and speaking engagements
· Supporting our Manager of Creative Services with research and administrative tasks on an as needed basis
The right candidate should have a passion for graphic design with an interest in helping solve business-oriented problems through visual communications. Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi task are a must. Beneficial skillsets include:
· Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
· Ability to prepare materials for print and pre-press, or willingness to learn
· Comfortable balancing multiple requests
· Experience working with interactive platforms such as Ion
· Coding experience not required, but is a bonus
· Keen attention to detail, including assisting with proof reading and minor copy edits
· Interested candidates should submit a resume and a link to their portfolio, OR PDF samples
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.