Data Analytics - Summer Internship 2019
Interns collaborate in small teams, each tasked with projects and assigned a mentor from the Locus team. In previous summers, interns have pursued a wide variety of projects and questions designed around their skill sets. These have included creating standardized profiles of zip codes based on their makeup of economic functions and census data, developing data visualization prototyping tools, and clustering and classification machine learning projects. This is a unique opportunity to help build a project from the beginning — each team is entrusted with planning and executing its own end-to-end project strategy from design and implementation to testing and presentation. As a part of this team, you will have the chance to experience what it is like to completely ideate and realize a project and it’s goals and will be a valued and trusted member of our team.
Applicants should be prepared to answer technical, experiential, and situational interview questions.
No finance or economics background required. Please Apply directly on the Locus website: https://jobs.lever.co/locus.co/ff4d09c7-6667-4f80-bdde-cbf60c344707
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong ability in at least one general purpose programming language (e.g. Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in designing and implementing statistical models using machine learning techniques
- Expertise in graph and network theory
- Hands-on experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation).
- Candidates are required to take a brief, online technical in the language of their choice. This quiz has a 15 minute time limit and is designed to test the candidate’s ability to use code to quickly problem solve.
- **Please note that applications will NOT be considered without a response to this quiz.**
- Please use the link below to access our preliminary technical
- Pay is competitive.
- Locus will cover all visa expenses for international students.
- The internship will last approximately 10 weeks beginning in mid-June.
- We ask that you submit only one application to Locus, as we will consider you for other roles if we see a good fit. There is a field in the application to indicate interest in other roles.