Computational Geometry Intern
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a Computational Geometry Programmer Intern to join them for the 2019 summer! Our Engine Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms. As an intern, you’ll be given challenging projects over the work term, and be provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic next summer, this is the opportunity for you!
Your days will include:
- Working alongside the Principal Mathematician on the Unreal Engine team
- Helping extend the computational geometry code base for the engine
- Implementing mesh processing tools within the engine
- Implement aspects of a differential geometry library on our mesh format
- Working on additional mesh reduction tooling
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills, with proven examples of your work
- Unreal Engine 4 gameplay experience: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints
- Animation basics: state machine, blends, IK, masks, etc.
- Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Examples of projects and technical work online a must (personal website, Github, etc.)
This is a paid internship, running May 28 through August 16. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary, NC.