IT Infrastructure Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019)
Columbia College Chicago students: Columbia College Chicago does not have Co-op Education program. You must accept this opportunity as an internship. For academic credit, please contact your Internship and Career Advisor.
As an intern you will partner with experienced IT infrastructure and automation engineers to help design, build, and manage the underlying infrastructure that runs various services for all business units.
Core Infra Team: Is responsible for designing, provisioning & managing core systems, data center & load balancing infrastructure 24/7/365 for all business units in Tesla globally. This includes both R&D and Production infrastructure. Members of this team are also known as platform engineers. Most of them when they joined the team had a particular skill set but over time have developed capabilities to resolve complex infrastructure issue sometimes working on multitude of technologies simultaneously to stand up next gen infrastructure for running suite of advance commercial and home grown applications.
IT Database Platform: Is responsible to architect, design and deliver globally scalable Database platform that can support self-service by internal customers. Process includes provisioning via automation including operational aspects such as backup, monitoring, and supporting on boarded Applications for tuning, DB refreshes via automation and provide consultancy as needed.
Engineering IT: Is responsible for support and administration of Engineering and R&D Infrastructure that include Virtual and Physical System deployments, DevOps Tools and framework, Configuration Management, Contiguous Integration and Deployment pipelines.
IT Network: Is responsible to act as primary support contact for network operations support issues and requests at Tesla data centers, HQ locations, retail stores, and factories worldwide. They are also responsible to ensure they maintain up to date knowledge of new locations, hardware, topologies, and configurations deployed by the Network build team and Retail IT team in order to effectively support Tesla’s network operations.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems).
- Experience with the following; Linux (Ubuntu, Centros, Red Hat), or 802.11 wireless network concepts.
- Experience with the following; Scripting language such as Python, Shell, Powershell.
- Knowledge and experience with Ticketing systems.
- System Admin/DevOps Experience is a plus
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship.