User Experience Design Intern
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
About the internship:
Rocket is looking for a passionate user experience design intern who will work to understand user goals, business goals, technology and design constraints to create intuitive experiences for enterprise system software. We are looking for technical thinkers who can approach difficult problems head-on and distill them to simple, understandable interfaces.
Role & Responsibilities
The User Experience Design Intern will:
· Design clear, navigable, and valuable enterprise system software applications for specialized users.
· Communicate user experiences through storyboarding, detailed wireframes, task flow diagrams, taxonomies, design specifications and documentation.
· Plan and conduct user research and usability testing - including surveys, interviews, and customer advisory groups.
· Work closely with engineering and product management to understand requirements and ensure implementation.
· Act as a usability advocate for project teams, providing guidance and leadership on user-centered design.
· Currently working on a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI/Human Factors or a related discipline (computer science, industrial design, architecture, psychology, etc.) preferred.
· Portfolio with examples of relevant interaction design work.
· Unmistakable passion for creating elegant and purposeful interfaces.
· Experience planning and conducting research including customer visits, usability studies, surveys, and feedback sessions.
· Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in interactive prototyping (We like Axure.)
· Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
· Visual design skills are a plus.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.