Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,300 rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 10,000 customers and partners.
The Tax Intern is an evolving position that is the direct result of Rocket’s growing business needs and reports to the Manager – Global Taxes. The Tax Intern will be responsible for assisting with domestic and some international corporate tax needs as pertains to reporting, filings, returns, compliance, risk and untapped opportunities. This position is ideal for an ambitious accounting major who seeks an opportunity to learn within a fast-paced and dynamic tax department at an entrepreneurial and rapidly-growing company.
Responsibilities may include:
· Assist with sales and income tax compliance
· Assist with any sales and income tax audits
· Assist with analysis, calculation, and preparation of income tax estimates
· Assist with transfer pricing
· Assist with the integration/organization of acquired companies’ tax data and analytics
· Assist in responding to federal, state, and foreign tax notices
· Assist with payment requests while liaising with Accounting and Treasury
· Research specific tax matters and technical questions
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
· Basic knowledge of Accounting
· Strong communication and analytical skills
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.