Accounting Internship/ Co-Op (Summer 2019)
Our Accounting team is deeply engrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members are expected not only to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways/recommendations, but must also lead cross-functional decision-making processes and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company. As an intern you can work within various areas of Accounting to support these initiatives.
Tax is responsible for the development and execution of tax planning strategies in support of Tesla’s global growth strategies and initiatives, including preparation of internal memorandums to document and support international tax positions.
Accounts Payable is responsible for managing Tesla’s debts to suppliers and creditors to ensure they are paid accurately and on time. The team is also responsible for processing and reconciling invoices, and verifying and recording expenses.
Fixed Assets will partner closely with various business units within Tesla such as, Purchasing Team, Production Engineers and Project Managers to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact capital assets/fixed assets accounting.
Treasury is a central role managing the cash management and investment activities for Tesla’s North American and LATAM operations. The team is responsible for coordinating Tesla’s banking activity with a keen eye to optimizing liquidity, maintaining debt requirements, and managing expenses.
Global Trade and New Markets Researching and analyzing new market opportunities for Tesla. Supporting the operations of entering new markets by collaborating with teams across the company, including Sales, Service, Delivery, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Government Relations, HR, Marketing, Communications, IT, Engineering, Real Estate, etc. Tracking status of entry process. Implementing process procedures for more efficient entry operations.
Manufacturing Accounting: Translate accounting requirements into automated processes. Analyze large data sets, develop strategies to gather data, streamlining accounting work papers. Support various fixed asset team members in month-end close process and day to day operations. Involved in ASC 842 new lease accounting project assisting with system implementations and reporting,
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team
What to Expect:
- A 12-14 week paid internship with great benefits and perks. The internship will allow you to lead significant projects from start to finish and get significant experience you won’t find in the classroom.
Where You Will Work:
- Because intern projects come from across the organization all candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship. Specific locations may include: Fremont, CA. Palo Alto, CA. Draper, UT. Reno, NV.
- 3rd / 4th year student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Finance, Taxation, Economic or Business relevant program
- 5th year Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field
- Related majors include: Economics. Business, Math, Operations and Industrial Engineering, Policy, Data Analytics
- Have completed or plan to complete Accounting courses up to and including intermediate accounting (or equivalent)
- GPA of 3.0 and above
- Available for a 12-14 week internship in Summer 2019
- Available to work 40+ works per week
- Willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-starters who are results oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious and who take initiative and risks
- Strong communicators
- Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative and showcase curiosity, learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, specifically Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Query
- Experience or knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Python
- Ability to develop and maintain key project metrics and assure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies.
- Previous work experience or internships in accounting and/or business development.
- Experience in project management is a plus