Software QA Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019)
You will help to ensure great quality of Tesla’s UI and/or Autopilot software for current and next generation vehicle programs. You will work within the Infotainment and Autopilot SQA teams to manually test new and legacy UI features, help automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems.
- Familiarity in a major programming language such as C/C++ or Java, and strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc.).
- Demonstrate good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of testing concepts including white box and black box testing, regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Linux and/or Qtr. a plus.
- Experience with system profiling or static code analysis tools a plus.
- Familiarity with CAN protocol, Driver Assistance features, GPS/Navigation systems, or other automotive applications a plus.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship