Manufacturing Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019)
You will help engineer Tesla’s manufacturing processes, design equipment to be used in production lines, and help troubleshoot manufacturing issues to affect production and delivery targets.
Your application to the Manufacturing Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Powertrain Manufacturing, Vehicle Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations teams.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
- Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Develop and validate processes used in manufacturing.
- Assist and contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship.