Software Engineering Internship – Embedded Systems (Summer 2019)
Our cars have significant software components to them, and we update them across the whole fleet of customer cars. Besides initial work on making a new piece of hardware, we continue working on improvements over time. We care greatly about building software that stands the test of time, even as parts of the stack keeps evolving.
You will develop and validate software for Tesla’s current and future Tesla vehicles and product programs. You will work within the development team to automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems. You will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, and rapid prototyping.
Your application to the Software Engineering Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Autopilot Embedded Systems, Body Controls, Gateway, Charging Systems, Battery Management Systems, Drive Inverter, Tools Development, Applications and Platforms Infrastructure in Palo Alto, CA.
- Experience designing real-time embedded systems in C.
- Proficiency in at least one common scripting language such as Python.
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools.
- Familiarity with automotive ECUs, especially those in hybrid and electric powertrains.
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD device programming.
- Familiar with the embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, IDE and source code control.
- Familiarity with National Instrument Testing Software (LabVIEW, Test Stand, VeriStand).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and work efficiently with hardware design resources.
- Capable of hands-on bring up, debug and code optimization.
- Experience with DSPs, microcontrollers and real-time operating systems.
- Experience implementing real-time control strategies, especially PID based control development is a plus.
- Prior AUTOSAR or other automotive RTOS embedded programming experience is a plus.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship