News Feed Integrity Operations Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The News Feed Integrity Operations (NFI Ops) team helps create a principled and sustainable foundation to improve the veracity of News Feed and promote productive interactions on Facebook. Our team is very passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We are looking for strong strategic leaders to join our team this summer.
You will help protect the integrity of Facebook News Feed by analyzing patterns of activity and investigating trends to help enforce Facebook policies, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams to take action. You will work alongside influential leaders like Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, and Engineering Leads to develop a strategic plan and deliver against this plan towards reducing the spread of false news, misinformation, clickbait, engagement bait, sensationalism, and other types of spammy content. Successful candidates for this role have a strong strategic mindset, leverage data to inform their positions, and navigate obstacles in a quickly-changing and ambiguous environment. If you like helping people and are passionate about reducing the spread of misinformation, NFI Ops is for you.
This is a full-time internship based in Menlo Park, California.
- Collaborate with members of the NFI Ops team as well as Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, and Engineering Leads to understand a key business problem
- Partner with those people to develop a structured, actionable project plan
- Analyze relevant data and effectively summarize insights
- Present findings, next steps, and impact clearly to company leaders
- Deliver against the plan in collaboration with teammates
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with graduation dates between Dec. 2019-Aug. 2020
- Experience meeting objectives with supervision
- Experience juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience in a technology, consumer-oriented product environment, or operations role
- Experience developing strategic solutions
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment