Product Data Operations Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
The Product Data Operations team lead large-scale data labeling projects that power Facebook machine learning projects and generate insights for how to improve our products. Our mission is to empower product to drive the best possible user experience for the Facebook platform. This is a full-time internship position, based in either our Mountain View, California or Menlo Park, California offices.
- Collaborate with members of the PDO team as well as Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Research, Marketing and Analytics to understand a key business problem
- Partner with those people to develop a structured, actionable project plan
- Analyze relevant data and effectively summarize insights
- Present findings, next steps, and impact clearly to company leaders
- Deliver against the project plan in collaboration with teammates
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with graduation dates between Dec. 2019-Aug. 2020
- Experience meeting objectives without supervision
- Experience in a customer service or consumer-oriented environment
- Experience developing strategic solutions
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with SQL