Digital Design Technologies Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019)
Digital Design Technologies is a software development group inside the Tesla design studio. The team creates state-of-the-art tools which improve the way Tesla conceives its products.
This position will help this group research and develop new modeling tools in a groundbreaking technology suite, which is changing the way surfaces are created.
Although the main focus point will be surface-centered math, successful applicants will also be involved in key software development.
· Research mathematical papers for practical use
· Implement techniques and formulas into usable algorithms
· Create new mathematical formulas to solve complex surface-related problems
· Assist in the development of new tools
· Actively engage in learning programming in C++ and C#
· Thorough understanding of computational surface mathematics
· Knowledge of the mathematics inherent to NURBS and Subdivision surfaces
· Intermediate knowledge in any programming language
· C++ knowledge preferred but not strictly required
· Experience with real time technologies preferred but not required