Software Engineer at Temboo in NYC - great team, really interesting product
At Temboo, we build software that people are using to fundamentally change the world around us. Temboo is empowering people to build an amazingly diverse range of physical computing systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and human aspiration, and we want you to help us as we grow and scale Temboo. A few highlights:
- Temboo's software comes pre-shipped in hardware development platforms for millions of devices from companies like Texas Instruments, Samsung, Arduino, with more to come.
- Our customers have implemented a wide range of IoT applications across different industries, from wearables-based medical research and aviation component maintenance, to industrial baked goods manufacturing, and even octopus farming!
- Temboo integrates with over 100 internal and external APIs and cloud services, and we work closely with API providers such as Amazon and Microsoft to make their APIs more accessible.
- Engineers, plant managers, and others who manage physical assets like facilities, equipment, and labs, have upskilled themselves with Temboo, using our tools to build their own Internet-connected sensor and hardware applications for their jobs, and in the process learning IoT development skills without going through formal training or education.
- Temboo has been adopted as a teaching tool by over 150 universities worldwide, in courses ranging from traditional CS and engineering, to digital art and urban data mining, and is a New York State approved provider of IoT instruction for professional licensed engineers.
As a software engineer at Temboo, you’ll work closely with our product team to design, implement, test, deploy and maintain new features. Your specific technical skill-set is less important to us than your all-around intelligence, problem-solving ability, and eagerness for new challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Using your technical chops to build rich web apps and scalable backends that enable our users to build the Internet of Things
- Writing maintainable code that your fellow engineers will thank you for
- Assuming responsibility for projects from start to finish, taking in specification, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Learning about new technologies, from blockchain to machine learning, to improve your problem solving abilities and push the Temboo platform forward
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Proven experience on a complex web app with real users. You should be able to point to things you’ve worked on
- Strong computer science fundamentals and experience with object-oriented architecture, design patterns, test-driven development and distributed systems
- A willingness to learn and use new technologies, strategies, tools, and components
- Strong written and verbal skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts to a varied audience
- Experience in a startup environment
- Bonus points for: experience with any Temboo-supported language, experience with machine learning technologies (especially TensorFlow), experience with distributed systems development, experience with web app development, experience with programmable hardware e.g., (i.e Arduino) and a quick sense of humor. We also need a bass player, please let us know if you can jam!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You’ll have a high-impact role working with transformative technologies like IoT and Machine Learning
- You'll work on exciting technical challenges like designing secure, optimized protocols for communicating with internet-connected hardware, iterating on our data models and supporting architecture to scale to masses of connected devices, and implementing predictive algorithms for generating insights on sensor data sets
- You’ll be writing software that people use to make a positive impact on the world
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of the technology and business worlds since Temboo touches hardware & software, multiple layers of the technology stack, and a variety of industries
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team
- We offer competitive compensation, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
- Our users are our customers, and they control their own data. We're not selling ads or user data.
Does this sound like you? If so, send us your resume and a note about why you're interested in working at Temboo. We're looking for people who have passionate interests outside of work as well, so please mention a few of yours in your cover letter.
Check out a live demo to see Temboo in action.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at email@example.com, including your resume and a note about yourself (please use "Software Engineer" in the subject line).