Internship - R&D (immunoSEQ and clonoSEQ)
Every immune system has a story to tell— the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people’s lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It’s a bold objective that we’re uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
Adaptive Biotechnologies is currently looking for an exceptional Summer Intern to join our Research and Development team. Successful candidates will assist with the development of multiplex PCR- and NGS-based assays. During your time at Adaptive, you will learn various lab techniques, including mammalian cell culture, image cytometry, cell based assays, PCR, sequencing library preparation, and targeted NGS-sequencing under the supervision of experienced laboratory personnel. You will also gain experience in data analysis and become familiar with the product development cycle.
- Maintaining cells in culture
- Develop image cytometry methods
- DNA extraction from human samples
- Molecular Biology—PCR, qPCR, DNA library preparation, DNA sequencing
- Execution of laboratory procedures, experiments, and data analysis and maintenance of electronic lab notebook for documentation thereoPresentation of data at team meetings
- Presentation of data at team meetings
- Enrolled in an accredited academic program in a related scientific field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform aseptic technique
- Ability to use laboratory equipment, including cell counters, sequencers, thermal cyclers
- Work is generally performed within a laboratory environment and requires standing, lifting of materials and frequent walking.
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.