Research Associate - Bioreactor Team
Platelet BioGenesis, located in Cambridge MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce donor-independent human platelets. We are a highly driven and ambitious young company that values openness, transparency, intellectual honesty, and collaboration, in our endeavor to transform platelet and derived therapeutics.
We make platelets. We have developed a scalable cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make human pluripotent stem cell-derived platelets. We are now further scaling production for human clinical trials and leveraging our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities. We are currently recruiting for a motivated entry- level scientist to join our Bioreactor team.
This person will work directly with the team scientists to advance the millifluidic bioreactor operation and scale up, as well as executing in vitro functional assays involving microfluidic devices. The candidate will plan and execute experiments utilizing human and mouse cells to optimize the production of platelets.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a professional work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging platelets as a drug delivery platform. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Closely collaborate with other members of the Bioreactor team
• Execute millifluidic bioreactor experiments for platelet production
• Aid in preparation of weekly experiments
• Think creatively about technical challenges related to production and isolation of platelets
• Coordinate transfer of biological materials between the different scientific teams
• Maintain a detailed record of experiments and their results
• Develop and implement new processes that increase efficiency and ensure product quality
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required.
• BS in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, or related field
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Familiarity with fundamental principles of fluid dynamics and transport phenomena
• Experience with microfluidic devices
• Ability to plan and execute experiments with attention to details and troubleshooting abilities
• Relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings
• Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and document experimental data
• Technical understanding of multi-color flow cytometry, with proficiency level being preferred
• Highly motivated, comfortable at multitasking, excellent communication skills
• Ability to effectively work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
• Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Check out all our openings at: http://plateletbiogenesis.com/
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Retirement Planning (401k)
• Unlimited vacation/sick days
• Parental Leave
• Commuter Discounts
• Snacks, company outings, and much more!