Horizon is looking for a dedicated Administrative Assistant in our outpatient clinic in Erie County!
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to all staff by greeting/directing patients, collecting payments for services, scheduling appointments, answering/directing calls on a multi-line phone system, completing necessary typing, copying, and faxing, and maintaining clinical records in a fast-paced office setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs numerous functions within an electronic medical record program such as the collection of copays, balancing the cash drawer, scheduling and changing appointments, and looking up patient demographics and insurance information
- Answers the telephone, takes messages, and provides information/assistance as needed
- Performs various office processes such as faxing, collating, mail sorting, ordering supplies, and preparing clinical records for distribution to referral sources
- Opens and closes clinic following proper procedure
- Greets visitors of the office and directs them as necessary
- Composes and types routine correspondence using word processing and Microsoft Outlook
- Scans, files, retrieves, and prepares clinical records and prepares patient charts to be sent to the Medical Records archive
- Completes reminder phone calls for upcoming patient appointments
- Other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager
- Ability to relate to mentally ill or chemically dependent individuals and their families of diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as have the ability to interact with them in a positive, supportive, and cooperative manner
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, completing work accurately and on time despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to learn and apply Horizon Health Services Policy and Procedures and commit to adherence of privacy regulations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a computerized office environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, and forms, including the willingness to learn new software applications
- Bachelor's preferred
- Associate's required with one year of experience in office setting
Monday- Friday day shift and two evening shifts per week.
- Ability to work some evening hours until 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.
Why work at Horizon?
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Summer Hours
- Anniversary and Life Event Bonuses
- Benefits and Wellness Program
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Growth and Educational Training Opportunities
- 401k Match and Profit Sharing Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses