Helpdesk and Support Specialist, Entry Level
The Helpdesk Specialist I provides outstanding customer service to end users on a variety of issues, identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. Responds quickly to telephone calls, email and other requests from personnel. This support includes, but is not limited to: desktop hardware, printers, application support, security administration and telephone administration. The Helpdesk Specialist I also participates in special projects as assigned.
The position requires travel to sites in downtown Boston, Springfield, Charlestown and other locations within Massachusetts. This position is assigned to the Technical Support Group and takes day-to-day direction from the Manager of Technical Support and the End User Support Supervisor.
- Expert knowledge of application and systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user or system design specifications
- Documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems; or a combination of these duties
- Provide technical support and problem resolution activities
- Evaluate equipment requirements for individuals, groups and geographic locations
- Install PC's and related hardware; investigate hardware problems and perform repairs.
- Use technical tools and knowledge to meet or exceed performance standards and expectations
- Develop a knowledge of CCA’s total computing environment and quality management processes and practices
- Use best-practice customer service tools and techniques to work with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Set priorities, perform triage and know when and how to escalate problems.
- Track and monitor service requests to insure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
- Maintain thorough logs in the Support Tracking Software to assist the department in continuous systems improvement, track workload and resolve recurring problems.
- Coach users towards independence on common technical practices and procedures; empower users to leverage their technological tools.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to develop, maintain and provide IT training, classes and coaching.
- Manage IT systems, component and software license inventories. Deploy hardware, install software and work with experts on WAN/LAN infrastructure maintenance and installation.
- Maintain network, email, and application and telephone user accounts. Coordinate purchasing for the IT department.
- Travel to sites as needed or directed by Manager of Technical Support
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Understand the organization's culture, philosophy and values
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact productively and efficiently computer end users, managers and remote sites. Demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Patience with a wide range of user knowledge and skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation
- Gauge and communicate her/his own strengths and limitations
- Provide solutions and best practices
- Process information with high levels of accuracy
- Understand customer needs and expectations, provide excellent direct and indirect service and fulfill customer expectations
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
- Offer constructive feedback to and accept direct feedback from others
- English, bilingual preferred.
RECENT GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!