Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for communicating with small business owners regarding their current and overdue accounts. This can include servicing the customer’s questions and establishing and negotiating a repayment agreement. This role at PayPal will allow you to assist in managing our profitability and make a difference daily. As our business and our customers evolve, our Collections Specialists evolve. The Collections Specialists are continuing to develop new strategies to approach any challenges that may come our way.
As a Collections Specialist at PayPal you will:
- Utilize judgment to analyze the business owner’s ability to pay and establish a repayment plan
- Communicate with business owners regarding their advances
- Discuss alternative solutions based on a review of financial and bank statements
- Perform creative skip tracing techniques to locate customers
- Document all communications with business owners related to discoveries and investigations
- Assist customer with disputes and inquiries and reconciling payment history
Qualifications for success:
- High school diploma with equivalent collections experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrate the desire to work in a call center environment assisting customers that are past due (Collections) and handling Customer Service inquires
- Maintain composure under pressure and in confrontational situations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team setting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills
- Willingness and ability to discuss potentially difficult financial issues with business owners
- Willingness to work flexible hours and additional hours as required
- Proficient PC user, including experience with Microsoft Office suite
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.