Medical Receptionist- Patient Service Representative
HOURS 9:30 AM-6:30 PM MONDAY-FRIDAY
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of business-related duties both clerical and administrative in nature. This position requires skills in planning, organizing and problem solving. The position requires oversight of front office tasks to include office supplies and daily drawer drop, along with monitoring the assigned clinics schedules and billable claims.
The Patient Service Representative will be the point person for patient registration and scheduling follow up appointments and time of service collections.
This role requires close collaboration with our Billing Manager, Patient Care Coordinators, Intake Coordinators, Clinic Managers, and all Clinicians to ensure staff schedules are maximized for efficient delivery of care. You will also be assisting with some A/R duties, billing, charge entry, extending authorizations/referrals and medical records.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries in a friendly professional manner.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider efficiency and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations and compliance.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed along with contributing ideas for process improvements.
- Answering multiline phone system / retrieving messages and insuring proper messages to be relayed
- Collection of copay’s and other fees required prior to the office visit or treatment
- Verify insurance coverage and assist with A/R management and claims processing
- Schedule / reschedule appointments and confirm appointments two days in advance
- Exhibits professional and friendly phone etiquette
- Solid customer service skills and ability to engage well with patients
- Eager to assists the company in any other related duties assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- One year of medical receptionist experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurances
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain organized and time management
- Ability to remain calm and collective during stressful situations
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Outstanding customer service