Senior Associate, Multimedia
TITLE: Senior Associate, Multimedia
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director, Multimedia
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
The Senior Associate, Multimedia will support the multimedia department by providing creative, production and post-production services for the creation of photo, video and audio content that will be used for campaigns, at events and across all social media platforms. Your work will more deeply connect people to Americares mission and the people we serve and help bring health to more people in more places in the U.S. and around the world.
Specifically, we are looking for a talented and passionate video editor, videographer and photographer to produce video and photography into finished products that support the Americares mission and reinforce the brand. The candidate must be capable of completing a full video production from start to finish, including researching, concepting, filming, audio recording, editing, motion graphics (preferred, but not a requirement), color correcting and more.
This is an ideal opportunity for storytellers who are eager to bring attention to often complex health issues in the U.S. and around the world across multiple platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Organizing:
- Assist in planning and organizing for content gathering and production schedules, including domestic and international travel, project assignments, timelines and budgeting.
- Collaborate with key members of the Marketing and Communications, Development and Global Programs teams to identify highest priority needs.
- Assist the multimedia team via conceptualizing, storyboarding, script writing, shooting and editing videos and other content production (i.e. animation).
Video and Photo Production:
- Quickly and efficiently follow brand standards and creative direction to translate information provided within creative briefs into compelling, authentic photography and videography on behalf of the organization.
- Develop new and creative uses for existing footage.
- Identify new production and storytelling trends.
- Serve as a go-to source of photos and video production within the multimedia team, but also be able to direct and support other content gatherers.
- Partner with Marketing and Communications colleagues to conduct interviews and capture photos, video footage, and audio recordings from the field and in studio.
- Post-production and processing including color grading, music licensing, text and graphic animation, and subtitling.
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once and turnaround edits on tight timelines.
Digital Asset Management:
- Contribute as needed to the digital asset management system (“Cumulus”), maintained within the Multimedia team.
- Use knowledge of media usage rights to guide team in protecting assets from improper use.
- Establish good working relationships with Americares staff providing digital assets to ensure that all photos/videos/etc are forwarded to multimedia department.
- Other ad-hoc multimedia projects, as requested and needed including staff trainings, special event photography, purchasing stock photos, recording presentations, and equipment management.
- Proven experience as a creative and efficient video editor, videographer, and photographer.
- Although mainly a video editing position, you will be asked to shoot both photography and video (often on the same shoot). We prefer a candidate with experience producing, shooting and editing multimedia projects, including internationally (not required, but preferred).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with experience producing high quality video content rapidly to keep up with the news cycle (particularly emergency response).
- Strong understanding of and interest in film production, digital media and technology.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Premiere Pro, Lightroom, and Photoshop. Experience with After Effects preferred.
- Experience with audio mixing, music mixing and sound effects and understanding of music licensing.
- Experience with digital asset management platforms and knowledge of archiving systems and methods.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and both the PC and Mac platforms (iMac Pro provided).
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Strong service orientation and organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; including effectively presenting information to non-technical partners, operating in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities.
- Should be energized by working with a core team, but have the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with the broader organization and colleagues.
- Passion for our mission and the desire to work within the humanitarian aid field and foster Americares values of Collaborative, Accountable, Responsive and Effective.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- International travel and/or working experience in the developing world preferred.
- Foreign Language competency, especially Spanish, preferred.
- Motion Graphics experience, preferred.
WHY WORK FOR US?:
- Americares saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential. You’ll be an important part of advancing that mission every day.
- A great work culture filled with passionate, interesting, mission-driven colleagues.
- We know the importance and power of storytelling and are well equipped to support you: iMac Pro, FS5 II, Nikon N6, D850, and all the supporting components.