Part-Time Junior Operations Associate
We are seeking a part-time Junior Operations Associate who will report directly to and work closely with the CEO. The CEO is a serial entrepreneur, running multiple healthcare-related ventures, a practicing physician, and an active member of the academic medical community. We’re really looking for an Organizational Wizard to help our insanely busy CEO manage his many professional commitments and contribute to exciting new/ongoing projects.
The Junior Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the CEO through a combination of professional and personal tasks. This is a varied and evolving role. The ideal candidate will be an “Ace of All Trades” who can pivot quickly to changing priorities. You’ll never be bored - one day you might be helping file patents for the CEO’s novel medical discoveries, or assisting the CEO in supporting a community medical orchestra, or coordinating the management of two endowments/foundations.
The Junior Operations Associate should be extremely responsible and organized, a natural problem solver, and great at managing multiple projects all at once. Professionalism and excellent communication skills are a must - you’ll be communicating with the CEO as well as occasionally with board members and other C-suite executives associated with the CEO’s various professional appointments.
This job is part-time, 20+ hours a week, and can be done somewhat remotely (you must be comfortable communicating via email/slack/text), with some time spent in our Flatiron office/where needed. The hours are somewhat flexible (perfect for someone with other commitments or a non-traditional “9-5” profession).
The ideal candidate will be capable of completing all assigned tasks, but should also be proactive in identifying new opportunities and anticipating needs.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with research projects.
- Supporting the CEO’s clinical research and patent needs.
- Preparing slides for speaking engagements.
- Assisting with board position responsibilities.
- Organizing events - including monthly networking happy hours.
- Assisting with the management of two endowments/foundations.
- Coordinating community medical orchestral duties, writing projects, etc.
- Managing household repairs and general errands.
- Travel planning.
- Managing rental real estate.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great time manager.
- Natural problem solver.
To apply: send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address how you believe this role may help you achieve your future goals (we’re also invested in your professional development and growth!).