Human Resources Leadership Development Program
What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): Basking Ridge, NJ
You will learn from dedicated professionals across Verizon as you develop a strong foundation of skills to create a positive impact on our organization. In this two-year rotational program, you will experience diverse HR job rotations across the organization. Our Human Resources team is committed to partnering with our business leaders to shape our talent strategy in order to deliver business impacts.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Experience multiple rotations focusing on developing your business, technical and leadership skills in areas such as: HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, HR Analytics, Diversity and Talent Management, Compensation, and Benefits.
- Participate in leadership/management development curriculum and structured network-building activities.
- Experience opportunities to use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Constantly be challenged to generate smart solutions to business problems.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Master’s degree program in human resources, labor relations or a related major with an expected completion date by June 2020.
Even better if you have:
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Great verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with leading and working easily with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to relocate. Rotation locations which are primarily in Basking Ridge, New Jersey; however, long- or short-term rotations may be throughout our U.S. footprint.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.