What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a subject matter expert, hands-on and contribute the experiences you’ve gained in your academic program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding strategic business problem solving, data analytics, and strategic change initiatives in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Drive advanced analytics and embed Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) techniques in to business decisions
- Translate predictive insights from complex analytical frameworks to provide executive level recommendations
- Participate in the design, implementation, and interpretation of experiments/trials for continuous refinement of on-going strategies
- Contribute and learn from a group of fellow advanced analytics practitioners on latest technologies and techniques
- Identify customer growth opportunities from new 5G revenue models
- Optimize Marketing Investments, Promotions and Pricing decisions to drive profitable growth
- Detect fraud across all channels and optimize customer experience
- Optimize credit decisions/collections strategy using customer behavioral data science
- Optimize digital growth by balancing omni-channel experience and profitability
- Build product and channel level churn prediction models
Available Locations: Basking Ridge, NJ only
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a MBA, Masters, or Ph.D. degree program with a concentration in Finance, Economics/Econometrics Strategy, Design, Marketing, Data or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or a directly related area with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Three or more years of work experience in Corporate Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance, Quantitative, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field
- Hands on usage of one of SAS/R/Python and ability to program in SQL required
- Prior experience in using ML techniques to solve business problems
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities
- Experience in Hadoop Clusters/Hive/Scala/Spark
- Experience with data management, analysis, and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment
- Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.